Students with excellent grades and keen to experience the scientific environment at Bioinformatics Institute and within A*STAR, are considered for internships throughout the year subject to availability of selected mentors. You can look forward to working alongside reputable teams of research scientists, giving you firsthand experience of a career in research. If you are in a local University and wish to intern for your Final Year Project, you may write in to seek attachment as well. Internships ranging from 4 to 6 months are offered to selected applicants. If you are from overseas, acceptance is subject to SIPGA approval as well as Work Holiday Pass or Training Employment Pass approval by the Ministry of Manpower.
The cover email should include :
- Your name on the subject line
- Start and end dates of internship sought (DDMMYY)
- Month, year and degree you are scheduled to graduate from
- Names of up to 3 mentors from our website (ideally those whose research where your interest and background aligns with)
- State source of funding for the internship (if any)
Please attach the following documents (PDF preferred) :
- Detailed resume/CV
- Educational Certificates from High School or GCE "O" level equivalent and above showing details of grades attained
- Copy of NRIC/Passport
- Relevant testimonials/references (if any)
N.B.: Only shortlisted applicants would be notified and those who do not get a reply within 2 weeks, should deem yourself to be unsuccessful in the preliminary review stage.
Thank you for your interest in seeking research attachment with BIOINFORMATICS INSTITUTE (BII).